Hey Gang...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyler

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
...great-looking board...I can tell this will be an invaluable resource.

I never traditionally had much exposure to cooking...I ignored the arcane practices that engaged Mom in the kitchen.

But a party my father thread about eight years ago where we cooked a whole pig (with the extensive assistance of a butcher friend) kind of put the itch in me to start having parties featuring grilled foodstuffs. I'm still a juvenile: hamburgers, steaks, beer-butt chicken. Soon I hope to tackle that ultimate test of a griller's mettle: smoked ribs.

I use the Char-Griller and have purchased the side fire box, and, of course, have myriad other toys to complement the rig.

Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks,
Tyler

Welcome Tyler; you'll have your smoked ribs before you know it. Grilling and smoking are night and day.

Grilling: constantly watch the meat and fire. Keep one ear to the grill. Uh-oh, I hear sizzling....is that another flare-up?!? Pour some beer on it!

Smoking: Load meat into smoker. Sit down and relax. Drink beers and conversate with friends. Take photos and post your qviews
wink.gif

All it takes is becoming comfortable with your new smoker. Once you have it figured out, it's cruise control and awesome eats! I'll never look back to my old burger and hotdog rig. I have a feeling that you won't either.

The guys and gal(s) here are an awesome bunch of people. There's much to be learned from them.

Happy Smoking
Tom

Greetings Tyler,
after you get your ribs under your belt, give a briskey as try...let us know when you pull your first all nighter.....we will be here for ya!
Happy smokes!!

Glad you're part of the SMF, nothing but good times, smokes, and jokes.

Tom welcome to SMF you'll find lots of info here. There are also some great recipes here. Those ribs will be looking and tasting awesome in no time. Have fun and happy smoking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky