Hey from Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomorecoop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2008
Central Ohio
Newbie at this.

Electric smoker
Cabelas brand (Masterbuilt)
From Granville, Ohio

Picked up smoking meat as I had lived in North Carolina & I terribly missed their BBQ. Have to learn to do it myself!!!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard.
smile.gif

Welcome aboard! You've found the perfect spot to learn and enjoy this great addiction, er I mean hobby!
icon_mrgreen.gif
Great people here and a very large knowledge base to draw on. Glad to have you.

Good to see ya aboard coop. You came to the right place for all things low and slow.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You will be cooking NC BBQ just the way you remember it in no time at all.

Enjoy!!!

I agree, I lived in Rocky Mt, NC and loved Gardeners BBQ. There are a few places around her (in VA) that do okay but I finally decided (as LC said) that if I wanted it to be right I would have to do it myself. My father-in-law is from Durham area orignially and said of my first pulled pork (boston butt) that is was as good as he'd ever had. Not sure I'd go that far but it was good. Welcome aboard!

Nomorecoop,

Hello from Va, this is a cool place. Lots of friendly people seemingly willing to help you with just about anything... In fact, I am going to as them about this rash I have on my.... well never mind. You get the point. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people!

Welcome,
JohnGil

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky