Hey Dave Get Your Preperation H And Prey For Ice Cream 30 Pounds Of Chiles Coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Better stock up on this Dave.

51KJ5SF44HL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I offered to get Dave Piginit some green Chilis from here, they have them in a 30 pound bag + shipping and handling. I am saving him a lot of money this way as opposed to him ordering online as they go for about 135.00 for 25 pounds.

Just to make sure they were ok I slit the bag and they look fine. Medium hot.

I roasted 3 for a test. On the grill for a quick roast.

Nice blistering.

All done.

Rinsed and skined.

Chopped and ready to eat. They were hot for me straight but I think as an ingredient in green chili stew or other recipies they would be ok. They brought a tear to my eyes and made my nose run.
icon_redface.gif

They are addictive though and the more I eat them the less effect they have on me, kinda good now. Actually while posting this I ate all 3 and the only effect now is my lips are burning.
icon_redface.gif
Time for another beer. They come in mild, medium, medium hot, and hot. Me, I wouldn't dare to eat the hot version.

Carol says, Dave better prey for ice cream.
tongue.gif

LMAO! That's a great find a smokin' buddy, Ron...sounds like a bit of good advice for Dave, too----------heh-heh-heh!

I buy the canned at Sam's (mild)...price is right, so I save myself the work of roasting/smoking to soften 'em up. I leave the seeds in and they're great that way.

Eric

Lucky! I grew up in Las Cruces, and I SO miss good green chile...My family will send me some every now and again, but it gets gone pretty quick.

roast/peel it, dice fine, stew in court boullion with a little onion and green tomato..best all around sauce/salsa EVER!

hadda guy at work today convinced that my pickled Thai chiles weren't all THAT hot...
wimps.

Now that Ron has seemed to become tolerant of the heat.... I may need to weight them again when they get here. They do look tasteeeeeee! I have plenty of ice cream and there are lots of ice cold creeks here in the TN mountains.

speed.gif

Those do look good...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

What variety are they or do you know?

All the label says is Hatch Green Chilis.

Hey Zopi, I grew in Las Cruces as well, I'm heading home this weekend and will be picking up 40 pounds of Sandia. Can't wait, I've been out for a while.

Ronp, one of the best ways I like green chile, especially when it's the first batch of the year, is as you're roasting the chile, grab a couple of Tortilla's, put them on the grill as well and flip them as they warm up, cut a couple of slices of your favorite cheese, I like sharp ceddar, drop them on the tortilla add the chile, roll it up and enjoy with your favorite beer. Doesn't get much better then that.

Thanks Ron...

AZSmoke that sounds like a good idea, will have to try it on the grill...

Lucky Dog.I started growing them because the price came out even more then you quoted.

Using my chile roaster the skinned and de-seeded always lose half there weight.I have done 85 pounds from garden this year and have 42 pounds pure meat.....HATCH are the best.

Just remember Dave that the ice cream is not for eating it's for after you ate a bunch of those peppers it's for SITTING on.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Just picked up a 30lb. bag yesterday. Gonna start roasting them up in the morning. I love them things. $25 here in Tucson. What do they run in NM?

The Hatch Valley Chiles are typically one og the NuMex varieties...The big Jim and and a few others...

My dad went to NMSU With a man named Joe Parker...Who bred some of the first Numex peppers...

Jethro, I like your tag line...Somebody asked me who gets eaten first in the lifeboat...Duh..The vegan...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky