• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Herfacue-View

itsmetimd

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 13, 2010
I threw a HERFACUE this weekend for our cigar club and introduced some guys to the magic of fatties.  For those that don't know, a 'herf' is when 2 or more cigar smokers get together to smoke cigars and socialize.  It only takes 2 for a herf but I've had them with as many as 60 or more - good times for sure.  So, you put a herf and a barbecue together and you have a HERFACUE!

I got up at the butt-crack of dawn (NOT part of my normal routine) and got the smoker going.  I did 2 fatties, some ribs and some smoked sausages.  One of the fatties was Mexican style - stuffed with Chorizo, jalapenos and cheddar and the other was Hawaiian - stuffed with brown sugar ham, pineapple and mozzarella then I took the pineapple juice and mixed it with brown sugar to make a basting sauce.  Funny how things work out as I thought the Mexican one would be the favorite but everyone went crazy for the Hawaiian one - by far my favorite of the ones I've made or had.

OK, I'll shut up now and share some pics!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Nice job , Now where's the don juans?

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Vry nice pictures and your food looks awesome too! The only time I ever tried smoking a cigar I turned about 40 shades of green.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
I was part of a huge Herf group here in Houston but it just kinda fell apart after a couple of years.

itsmetimd

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 13, 2010
I was part of a huge Herf group here in Houston but it just kinda fell apart after a couple of years.

Do you know Seth House, Troy Taormina or Frank Flores?  They're some of my Houston cigar buddies.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
The food looks awesome and I'm sure it was all a big hit

pepeskitty

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 27, 2009
Where are the pics of the stogies?  I am also a Brother of the Leaf and would like to know what cigars you all enjoyed with such good looking food.

itsmetimd

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 13, 2010
Nice to see other BOTL here!  I didn't get any pics but I enjoyed a Boli PC to start the day and then had an Illusione Epernay, finished things up with a PSD4... it was a good day all around.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Those meats all look awesome!  So all those different flavors and meats going on didn't hurt the enjoyment of the cigars?  Seems like sometimes cigars are like wine, with different foods & such.  gotta say, much to my hubby's embarrassment, if we're at a party and someone pulls out some good smokes....

itsmetimd

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 13, 2010
Those meats all look awesome!  So all those different flavors and meats going on didn't hurt the enjoyment of the cigars?  Seems like sometimes cigars are like wine, with different foods & such.  gotta say, much to my hubby's embarrassment, if we're at a party and someone pulls out some good smokes....

I had one before I ate, it was mild so I didn't want to smoke it after eating.  The Epernay was a little mild considering I smoked it right after I ate.  However the PSD4 was just right, it's one of the more bold Cubans I've smoked and it hit the spot perfectly!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yes those are some fine looking fatties. Now a green squirrel ha is the meat green too???

caveman

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 5, 2010
Ha!  A double smoke!  Now what's better than that?  The meat looks great.  Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.