• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Here's what I did yesterday ...

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006

About due for a new soldering iron  ...  noticed the handle (plastic) is starting to melt.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks great !

You fridging them for a couple weeks?

Bear

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
Yes sir  ...  Won't be touched until the6th of November.  Did some fresh "cheese curds" this morning.  All in the garage fridge.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Yumm. That's alot of cheese! What wood did you use? and how long did you smoke? Thanks!

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
I'm confused.  Why is the purpose of the soldering iron in the picture? Are you using it to produce smoke somehow?  If so, do you close the door of your smoker on the cord?

It almost looks like you have an A-Maze-N sawdust smoker underneath that soldering iron.

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
Yumm. That's alot of cheese! What wood did you use? and how long did you smoke? Thanks!
Cherry & lil mesquet  ...  4 hrs in the smoke for these big blocks.  2 hrs cutting and vac sealing.

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
I'm confused.  Why is the purpose of the soldering iron in the picture? Are you using it to produce smoke somehow?  If so, do you close the door of your smoker on the cord?

It almost looks like you have an A-Maze-N sawdust smoker underneath that soldering iron.
Thats not an A-Maze-N smoker  ...  yes, the soldering iron makes the chips smoke.  The cord runs through a vent, so the door does close normally.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Oh that looks good, I'm down to a few blocks myself.
Just waiting for a cheese sale and a temp drop here to restock.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Hey Cajun

Looks great!

10 days to wait and counting.......

Harbor Freight for the "El Cheapo Soldering Iron".  May as well get a couple while you're at it.

Todd

Last edited:

distre

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 9, 2010
That is some mighty fine looking cheese there cajun_1. never done Mesquite with cheese, but sounds good I'll have to tyr that. I'm getting ready to use some Oak Wine Barrel on some cheese. The waiting is the hardest part for me. 2 weeks is a long time when I'm waiting for smoked cheese, but well worth the wait. Enjoy and your going to get

Doug

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
Hey Cajun

Looks great!

10 days to wait and counting.......

Harbor Freight for the "El Cheapo Soldering Iron".  May as well get a couple while you're at it.

Todd

8 days and counting  ...  Harbor Freight is my friend  ... 

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
Great looking cheese smoke. The resting is the hard part. 
Actually still have some from a previous smoke so I'm not completly out  ...  these could probably sit in the fridge for a month before I have to tear into it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.