Here's the Meatloaf

Discussion in 'Beef' started by navyfe, Jul 8, 2007.

1. navyfe

navyfe Fire Starter

OK, after the jerky, this was next. Used the recipe that was on this site, and cooked for 4 hrs and 10 min @ 240 (160*). Took it off and put some shredded smoked cheese from yesterday. It was a big hit. Even my son who do not like meatloaf enjoyed it. I thought that it may have been a tad bit dry, but kept that to myself.

2. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Lookin good Steve, havent done one of those yet myself, but that's got me droolin![​IMG]

3. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks very yummy....good job!!

4. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I've done the meatloaf but never thought of the cheese, great idea

5. johnt

johnt Fire Starter

Looks great...now you're got me hungry !

6. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Meatloaf is about as good as it gets. You can leave out some of the bread or cracker crumbs to increase moistness, or, if it is too moist, add more. You can also add some BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce, they add flavor and increase moistness. [​IMG]

7. navyfe

navyfe Fire Starter

Thanks. Will give it a try next time. And believe me..there WILL be a next time

8. raceyb

raceyb Smoking Fanatic

Try some pizza sauce added to your mix to add some zesty moisture. I'll have to do my meatloaf roll and provide some pics. I've never done one on a smoker, but that is going to change. :)

9. that looks WONDERFUL!! ya did good :)

10. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Great job Steve! My family loves smoked meatloaf. I made a mistake of bringing one to work one day ... lol

11. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks like a medical experiment with all them probes stuck in it. [​IMG]

All kidding aside.....nice "Q" !! [​IMG]