Here's one of the fatties!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richtee

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 12, 2007
N. Oakland County, MI
Well, guys, due to thawing time, etc. I'm gonna put the other fatties off till Wed. I think. I'll bring 'em to Mom's for T_day.

This one was done in the spirit of a summer sausage like Cowgirl tried. its venison/pork left over from earlier sausage stuffing. Another story there - see update of "Motorize" thread :{(

I added a bit of gelatin and rolled it out about 3" round and baked it in tin foil in the oven till 145 internal. Unwrapped and onto the smoker. See how nice and round it formed up Cowgirl? So far, the idea works

What the heck is that all about???
No stuffing, cooked in the oven???
I'm gonna send Bbq Bubba over to straighten you out!!!
rolleyes.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif

Was a demo for Cowgirl. See her latest sausage thread...LOL!
It's OK. I just went and bought some James B. Beam. Still have 10 lbs of sausage...pork Kolbacz to stuff... sheesh. Just finished grinding it and spicing it. Pheasants are done. Jerky's curing, 6 Labs. venison sausage stuffed and in the smoker too.

Freakin' busy day here!

I know... but it's just another tool, Cowgirl... a means to an end. It came out sweet...perfectly round and a nice smoky color/flavor. My Dau just had 5 slices. Should I tell her it's venison now? Heh...don't think I will. It's actually a buddies, but of course I had to slice off the "twisted" ends from the foil heh.

It does look good Richtee!

icon_smile.gif
I might try it if you think I won't be struck down by lightening or something.

I bet by the time I make another batch, I'll have the casings on hand that I need, but it's nice to have options.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky