Here's my Butt.....

Discussion in 'Pork' started by wmarkw, May 25, 2008.

1. wmarkw

wmarkw Smoking Fanatic

Did about a 7# butt yesterday. Smoked with a combo of hickory & pecan. Sprayed with a little of rum & apple juice a couple of times. Had some good thin blue going but apparently the pics I took it didn't show. Started the smoke at 7am, pulled from the smoker at about 3pm when it hit 165* in to the oven at 235* and it hit 200* around 730ish. Placed in the cooler for a couple of hours to rest. The end results were great. Some really good bark, great flavor and a great smoke ring throughout. Only problem is I have to wait until Monday to eat it!

Have a good weekend.......!!

Mark

2. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice lookin'...but did you have a bit of a fight with the thing in the foil pan? LOL! I see you won, tho!

3. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

LOL Rich....I was thinkin' the same thing!!!......[​IMG]

Nice looking PP tho!!....[​IMG]

L8r,
    Eric

4. wmarkw

wmarkw Smoking Fanatic

Well the cooler I use is small so I have to fold the pan's side in half to get it to fit. lol. So I basically go through a pan everytime I smoke!

5. flyboys

flyboys Smoking Fanatic

And what a butt you have

6. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Fine lookin vittles, uh, maybe a new cooler fer fathers day?

7. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks good. Not even one sandwich before Monday?

8. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That was a nice looking butt, sorry to see you're butt busted the pan!!! [​IMG] Just bustin on ya - did you use any finishing sauce on that pork? Hear it's mighty tasty ... there's a sticky under the Pork section of SMF that is by SoFlaQuer that is sworn by many on the forum ...

9. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats and a good job [​IMG]

Glad the title of the post wasn't entirely true [​IMG]

10. mr porky

mr porky Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Looks good! Something tells me there won't be much of that left for monday.[​IMG]