Here some pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
JimTheStoneMaker
That is a dandy looking smoker and the smoked meats you took out of it look mouth watering (drooling) !!!

Looks great!!!! Too bad you're not in the Chicagoland area. You would have had a guest with a big appetite.

What did you rub on the ribs? How about the chicken? What wood did you smoke them in?

Looks good!!!

Friday night I rubbed the ribs with Head Country Seasoning, the chicken with Tony Chachere's Creolie Seasoning and used a bottle of Dales on the brisket, then put it in the fridge. These are the spices I have used for years for charcoaling.
Saturday morning around 8 am I lit my charcoal and then took some Hickory that I split and put into a bucket of water, put the brisket on at 9am cooked it for 6 hours then wrapped in foil. I put the ribs and chicken on at noon and cooked for 4 hours then wrapped in foil for a couple more hours.
The smoker is a Kingfisher Kooker built in Kingfisher, Oklahoma since 1938, mine was built over the last couple of weeks. There are two cooking layers. The box above the firebox is a water jacket which I filled a couple of times during the day. I checked the charcoal (used lump charcoal) every 30 to 45 minutes and added 4 or 5 pieces at a time and threw a stick of hickory in as needed. The temp stayed very steady at 210 to 220 degrees.
All the meat was tender and juicy. Thanks to everyone on this forum, reading all the different techniques and such, my first attempt was succesful. I can hardly wait to try some other methods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky