here are some pics of not so good rib smoking adventure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aussiemick

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
Oklahoma
my.php

Now photo number 2
my.php

I dont know Mick...Those ribs look pretty damn good to me. Temp issues aside, I have to give those beauties a thumbs up!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Nice Job hanging in with those bad boys!!!

any ribs smoked are good ribs. just some are better then others and as time and the more you use your smoker and gather the loads of info from here and everywhere the better it will get.

Instead of tough. They have a little to much pull. That makes them still taste good. Looks good to me.

geob

I will give that a try with the slab that is left. I just ate the ones that were in the photos.

Just a gut check

to make mine tender i do the following
cook at around 250 to 300
Spray them once an hour with apple juice and/or ?

Do not take them off till when you pick it up from one side the meat starts to come off the bone.

I know a lot in here like the 3 2 1 method which does keep them moist and makes them more tender faster in my opinion. But the main thing is do not rush them when they are done you will see it come off the bone.
Some smokers take longer then others and where you live will be a facter too

I have even wrapped them in foil right offf the bat for two hours then put them on the smoker comes out real tender to. you will not have the smoke ring on it but still good and really fool proof too.

I agree, they look pretty darn tasty.

Ya gotta start somewhere, and them don't look like a bad place to start.
Get that temp up a lil like we talked about and you'll be in "rib heaven"!

Looking great. But if I may make a suggestion. Try a couple of dry runs. No food in the smoker, but try a few diff things to see if you can get the temps up. But those ribs look great.
Andy.

whats all the fuss aussie.....me thinks you doth protest too much.........

crap..............did you remember to pull the silver skin........that will make ribs.....'CHEWY'............

I'll be putting the other half in foil and putting them in the oven tomorrow. So hopefully they wont be as tough. I had the ones in the pics in foil and i the oven also but i guess for not long enough. Also an off topic question.. the digital temp gauges etc how much do they cost and where is best place to get a mid range one? Yeh can you tell I am a smoking noob. :)

I bought a couple of cheapy digitals for $10 a piece at a local hardware store. Just check it boiling water to be sure it reads 212 deg +- a couple.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

mick...........did you pull the silver skin...........a temp gauge will not werk with the ribs them selves.........so if you need summin for the grill........get a single probe and a block of wood..........some places pretty cheap........even tho my lowes NEVER has them sales........let alone the Oregon's

but trust me........if you did NOT pull the silver skin off of the back of the ribs.......they will be tuff..........

Yeh i got the skin off the back and cleaned them up a bit. Thanks for the input on the temp gauges

Well, actually, you can put a probe into a rack of ribs. You just have to be careful where you put them. It can be done, and you can get an accurate temp reading. Just make sure you get it in the middle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky