Hens in a Hot Tub?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
Not sure what to call these....
Smoked some cornish game hens and twice baked tatoes in my UDS for my dove hunting friends on opening day.

I brined in a mixture of water, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, onions, garlic and bay leaves.....
After brining, I placed some sliced smoked sausage and bacon under the skin, then rubbed them with butter and seasoned with some homemade seasoned salt....

Fired up my UDS..
used a bit of hickory

Added the tatoes to the smoker during the last 30 minutes or so....

The hens were moist and tender....
I think I love smoked twice baked tatoes. lol

There is something seriously wrong with that first picture. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to play with your food?

Looks good though
biggrin.gif

Dang it I knew I shoulda drove out there for that hunt
biggrin.gif
It looks great

Heh... How'd ya get anything dome with alla that cackling goin' on? Deelightful presentation as always, Jeanie... you should consider moonlighting at a fancy-schmancy place!

I would sit in the tub with those ladies. lol.
I bet they wouldn't keep their wings to themselves.

That looks great!!

I havn't smoked a bird in a while. seems like a good idea!!!

Thanks Gene! I was running behind that day...made it out in time to dove hunt though. :)

Thanks Joe, Piney, Rich and Chef!!
Ya need to come out here and dove hunt with me.
biggrin.gif

Jeanie,

That's a great presentation and I know the result was even better
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Nicely done in keeping with your usual high standards.

lol...yes they were neekid Motor!

Thank you Motor, Mike and Pete! I can not take credit for the hot tub pose, it's definately been done here before...but it is kinda fun playing with your food.
biggrin.gif

As usual Jeanie
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Jeanie, what can I say that hasn't already been said. I just hope your friends know how lucky they are to get fed like that. Great job!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky