HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwedel24

Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Vienna, VA
ok the bbq pit calculator says I need101 square inches of firebox to cook chamber opening... i just installed my 7 inch diameter pipe yesterday connecting the 2 (in my head thinking it would be ok).  Can I put some extra peices of pipe between the 2 to increase the opening?

Also, Instead of have 1 stack on my RFS.... the calculator says 1 stack would have to be 32 inches tall, could I have 2 stacks almost side by side and then reduce the height of the stacks?

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPP... need to do this soon!

THanks,

Wedel

Dang, I come up with 38.5" with a 7" pipe so you would need 2.5 times more then the seven inch pipe.

I never built a smoker but I'm curious where you're getting your info from. Are you building a BIG smoker?

Dan

Last edited:
Yes, 55gal drum firebox and 250 or 275 gallon tank and the meat chamber.  So can I have more than one smoke stack to reduce the height of an idividual one'?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky