Help!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muscleoverimport69

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Im Smoking a Chuck Tender Roast and a beer but chivken right now. The temp is staying consitentant at about 220-230. This is the first smoke i have done. The smoke out of the smoke stack keeps going away. About every 30 mins. is this normal or do you need to keep adding Chunks of wood. I am using the minion methodwith unburnt coals on bottom with wood chunks on top of hot coals. Help me please Thanks

You will need to add chunks or chips as you go. With that said tho remember if you can smell the wood so can the meat. The idea is to have thin blue smoke not billowing white smoke

Exactly what Piney said, plus, depending on the size of the chunks you may be able to load more in there than what you have as I'm not sure what you started out with.

Nice temp you're maintaining.

As stated above just because you do not see smoke does not mean you are not smoking. Give it some time even if you do not see smoke. Keep in mind though you could have a fire with the chunk/chips check make sure you do not have a fire going. If it is just a matter of your wood burnt out wait a bit in between adding chunks.

Are you soaking the wood in water before adding? If not this may help out some.
T&B (Thin and Blue) and S&L (Slow and Low) are the way to go.

I don't flip either with the door or lid closed the smoke gets all around it

What temperatures are you planning on cooking the meat and how much does the chicken and beef weigh?

Thabks everyone. I will Let you know how it goes later andmaybe post some pics. If I need anything else ill be back.

muscle, when I load up my charcoal box I place wood chunks in with the briquettes; of couse the depth of your charcoal box will determine how much wood you can layer in with the briquettes.

As to your temp drop-has your charcoal burnt down? Sounds like it's time to load back up.

I totally forgot about the coals I just started a new set of coals to throw in there Thanks alot everyone

We're here to help! Don't forget to post some q-view. What kind of smoker are you using?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky