Help With Smoked Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbrock

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 13, 2009
Richmond Ky
I am needing a little advice am smoking 2 chickens right now. This is the first time I have smoked chicken. It is my understanding that it is going to take about 4 hrs feel free to correct me if am wrong. I am going to send one chicken to work with my wife tonight. The chicken should be done around 2:30 and she dose not leave untill 6:00. should I foil it and put it in the fridge? Also would it be best for me to cut it up for her to take? Or should I just leave it uncut and just let her cut into it when she gets to work? If any one can help me on this one I would greatly appraciate it . Thanks Bill

Personally I would leave it uncut, and let her cut it at work. Just my opinion. If you let it cool slowly the juice will distribute back out into the meat.

Bill if your smoker temps are in the 300-325 range you should be looking at 3-4 hours to finish. After they are done they need to rest at least 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure if they would stay hot enough in a warm dry cooler or not but you could put a probe into the chicken and try it. If she doesn't have a kitchen at work I think I would cut it up at home as I would expect lots of juice to run out of it when you cut into it. Good luck with it and don't forget the Qview

Maybe try wrapping the chicken in a few layers of foil, then wrap in a nick thick towel, and put it in a cooler. Fill the rest of the empty space in the cooler with pillows or towels. Should keep it nice and warm for quite a while.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You got some good info here especially about letting the juices redistribute. I've done chickens at the 325 temp range. Took about 3 hours. When done, I just let em rest 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. I guess wrapping in foil and towel would keep it warm and make for yummy chicken when its eaten. Take care.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky