Help With My Signature

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caveman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
I want to put a weather widget in my Signature. It seems to me that HTML code is not allowed or at least that is what it says at the "Left" bottom of my "User CP" panel. Also, a link to the site hosting the widget won't work as it is using HTML code for the Widget. Other members have one in there Signature, so, how do I do this?

If this thread was started in the wrong forum, then would one of the mods please place it properly? Thank you.

I've seen people with those weather banner's in their sig lines and thought it was cool, too. Are you looking to use the link from Weather Underground?

YES!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I just sent a PM to someone that has the WU banner in their sig line, and gave them a link to this thread. Hopefully they'll be able to provide some insight as to how to get that link added to your sig lines.

The URL won't work as the Widget is coded in HTML from the site with the URL. I did try your link & with photobucket, as I do have a paid subscription to photobucket but the upload's failed at both sites per the reason I quoted in the begining. I appreciate the attempt Sir. Thank you.

I appreciate your efforts as well. I had sent a PM to someone who was on earlier with the same Widget but they left without giving me a response. Maybe they had things to do. Thank you. I will be on the lookout for assistance.

Not sure if this will help with what you want to do, but here's a converter that will convert HTML code to BBCode or vB code. linky

All yes i have the picture here but can not update because of the "NO" on html. So mine is just a picture, sorry.
Would be nice if we could have HTML but i think there is security problem for the site and server.
I guess i could update it every day LOL

Works for me ........ just tried it. Mythmaster had the right idea, however the banner address requires a little editing.

Try pasting this into the "Insert Image" popup:
I'm not sure if mine is updating, though -- it did once.

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/CA/Long_Beach.gif" alt="Click for Long Beach, California Forecast" border="0" height="60" width="468" /></a>[ /img]

Just remove the space between the [and the /img] and your banner should display ....... as far as it updating ........ we'll have to see about that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky