Help with my build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

confederateknowhow

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Shelbyville, KY
I'm getting a 250 steel gallon tank. I have an axle and all the 1/4" plat I need...
I'm thinking something along the lines of a Lang. I would like to know how the insides look though, to get the "reverse-flow" designed, or something along the lines. Pictures, sketches, and detailed descriptions would be great!
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance...

-CKH

CKH, There are a bunch of reverse flow smoker builds here and there is even a drawing or two of how the reverse flow work.

Since you'll be working with a 250 gal tank, here's a link to unclebeef's Reverse Flow Smoker Build.

If your looking for the basics on how the insides of a reverse flow work, here is a diagram I drew up a while ago.

reverse%20flow.jpg

Here is a pic of the floor/drip plate I used in mine.

Here is a pic of the lip I welded in.

Many good builds on here with tons of ideas so take your time and check them out, and of course, if you have questions, just ask.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky