Help with first smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

agassi

Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
I am getting alot of ashes going from my firebox into my main cooking area. Any help would be appreciated

I have a Brinkmann Pitmaster Deluxe, not sure about the baffle

OK, a baffle is a metal plate that is place at the top of the opening of the firebox where smoke and heat enter the cooker. The baffle keeps flame from entering the cooking and chamber will help keep ash out to a degree.

If the vents to the firebox are facing into the wind, gusts can move enough air through the cooker to deposit ash in the cooking chamber. Placing a wind break infront of the firebox can help.

Look into installing a baffle and consider the weather conditions when your cooking.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky