Help with 10 racks of ribs!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

siggydo

Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Hello, I need some help. Having a party Sun eve and I'm planning on cooking 10 or so racks of ribs. I have a small smoker and I'm going to have to run a couple of loads. Here is the catch. I want to smoke the ribs the day before to approx 1/2 to 3/4 way done. Then wrap in foil , place in fridge overnight. Then Sun afternoon finish the ribs all at once in the oven. What do you think? Any suggestions from the experts! As always thanks for your HELP!!

hmm.... i'd say do yer 1st day ribs as usual(3-2-1 whatever) let them rest fer say.. 30 mins to an hour- add a splash & wrap them tight then fridge them- next day.let them room warm fer a couple hours hrs and add w/ the foil panned open to the smoker w/ the others about 1-2 hrs before the others are done. unless ya want them fall off the bone- then just oven cook them wrapped @ 350 fer an hour.- just my 2 cents.

When I do ribs day before I smoke them almost all the way through but don't add sauce. Just before they bend good. Give em an extra sprizt of apple juice wrap them real good in foil or plastic and next day put them in a warm oven about 200 degrees and add sauce or extra rub after they warm a bit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky