Help wanted with a New Braufels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Watching my local CraigsList I found this - http://fargo.craigslist.org/for/586637573.html

I sent the seller this email -
I am interested in your smoker, but when I went to research it online I am finding the model Silver retails for $149.95. The pictures online appear to be identical to yours. Do you know which model you have? Also, if you want to reply with your phone number I would be happy to call if you would rather talk over the phone instead of email.

Thanks,
Marty
-------------

This is the sellers response -
It looks like the one you have for $ 145 is a better deal, mine looks like the wrangler # unknown the domination 32"x16" I can come down to $ 235. sorry.

I do have interest in this smoker and do not want to pay too much for it, just want a fair purchase. I would like to here from others that may be familiar with this smoker...... Thanks in advance !!!

bbq bubba
Any chance Richtee nailed it with it being a stainless cooking chamber? I guess with the pic provided it is hard to tell..... the fire box looks like regular steel.....
I guess if I am interested I should get off my butt and go look at it in person !!!
Hoping for more input from others..... but I may just go visit this seller and feel out what it can be purchased for.

Can a New Braunsfel and a Char-Griller be welded together with a fire box on each end and have a evenly heated cooking chamber? HHhhmmm.....

I cant be 100% sure of the model you have there, but it looks like my New Braunfels Silver. several tears ago Char-broil purchased that line of smokers from New Braunfels and now sells it under the name of Char-broil Silver. I paid $169. for mine 4-5 years ago new. Mine looks like new now due to very little use. I tried in vain to sell mine last summer for $125. it included a weather cover, the original temp gage. 40 lbs of chunk hickory.
from what I see from the picture it appears to be rusty and weather worn with no mods. I probably would not pay much more than $75.00 you can buy a new char-broil for about $149. that my $0.02 worth

I wouldn't bother pursuing this one. I picked up my Oklahoma Joe's that looks identical to that, with the exception of a burner in the firebox for $80.00 and an Oklahoma Joe's Vertical Roaster with a burner for $75.00 off Craigslist here in Az. You should be able to get a much better price than $235.

Shawn

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky