Help Swapping Regulator on older Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danny312

Original poster
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys, new member, trying to look for some tips.  I have an older Kenmore grill, and i need to swap out the regulator.  However, the hoses don't have compression fittings, so i can't remove it without cutting the hoses off.

while i'd love to buy a new grill, that's not in the cards at the moment.  what are my options?

Most regulators have a threaded hole in the outlet to allow for a variety of fittings. A simple barbed fitting and a hose clamp and you are in business. Just cut the hose at the old regulator and press on the barbed fitting.

What appears to be the problem ????   Low gas flow...     Have you checked the burner venturi for spider webs....    When you opened the tank valve, did the high pressure idiot valve reset so you would get a decent gas flow ???   Close the gas valves on the BBQ....    open then close the tank valve....   very slowly open the tank valve.....  you might hear a "click" when the idiot valve resets.....   It is there so you cannot open the valve and have gas flow unless an appliance is hooked up and the gas line is charged to full pressure.....  

If you know all this, my mistake....    Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky