Help - Pulling Hog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shorts

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Ok here it is... A buddy of mine asked how I did pulled pork... I told him how I did pulled butt with mustard and then my own rub... He wants to do a whole hog this way on a rotisserie... I told him I've never done it but I'd coat it rub it then put it on... get a good bark on it then cover it in foil... Told him to take it to around 200 then take it off let it set and pull... This was my best guess... Does this sound like it might work?? Oh and it is skinned...

Thanks SMF!!!

Never done one...but If I ever do...thats probably where I would start
biggrin.gif

Thanks Getthenet that was the first thing that popped into my mind!

I raise pigs and have cooked them both skin on and skin off.

My favorite is simple...skin on, rubbed with oil and seasoned with a dry rub or just kosher salt and cracked black pepper...season how ever you like. I love that crispy skin. You can also inject the butts and shoulders with what ever is your favorite too.
I also like to mop with a mixture of cider vinegar, red pepper flakes, sliced onions and jalapenos, and some cracked black pepper.

Edited to add... I missed the part that said it's already skinned. Your rub should be fine, injecting and mopping will help keep it moist too. Good luck with it!

Thanks Cowgirl...it turned out pretty good...he said it was just a little dry so I asked him if he put any of the finish sauce on he said no...tsk tsk!!
I tasted it though and after it had sat I didn't think it was dry!! Oh well!!
I think I'll just stick with a nice butt!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky