Help....Brining pork chops??????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Deer Meat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 8, 2006
Southwest Pennsylvania
Hello all,

This saturday I am grilling some pork chops. I would like to try brining them over night before they hit the grill tomorrow.

The chops will be cut about ¾" thick, I can cut them thinner if need be.

Any suggestions would be great. I need to get them started tonight though.

I ahve not tried this one yet but it looks good to me.

Cider Brine:
2 cups apple cider
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup coarse kosher salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried
sage
1 cinnamon stick

To prepare the brine: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add apple cider and water; bring to a boil. Add kosher salt, brown sugar, pepper, sage and cinnamon, stirring to dissolve. Remove from heat and let cool (chill brine completely in the refrigerator before adding pork). NOTE: To determine how much brine you'll need, place the meat to be brined in your chosen container. Add water to cover. Remove the meat and measure the water. Brine 12-24 hours

That looks good Vlap!
I start with 8 cups of water, 1/4 cup of kosher salt and 1/2 cup of sugar.

Then you can add any of your favorites...garlic, peppercorns, jalapenos..what ever you like.

You will only have to brine them for 6-8hrs. I just use a basic brine and season them after. Be sure to do the Rinse,clean water soak, change water soak, to prevent saltiness.

I

I like his idea of a pork chop. Nice n Thick. Now brine and grill till medium. YUM YUM... or smoke it!

Yea, I like to get thick butterflies cut at the butcher ¾ to 1' Cook em like steak! ye buddy!

I hate those flimsy suckers they have in the package!

You guys need to take it one step farther and raise your own pork.....it's worth it.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I could just imagine the letter from my HOA about that one. LOL

"It has come to our attention that you have pigs in your back yard..............." LOL

I did however get the next best thing. When working for the ritz we were receiving pork from a local organic farm that would literally slaughter the pig and then ship to you the same day. That was some of the best pork I ever had.

A Rub Prep....anyone Ever Go To The Minnesota State Fair..place Out There Called Porkeys ....heres How It Goes..
8 Porkchops..
1/2 Cup Lawrys Season Salt..
2 Tbs Garlic Powder
2 Tbls Onion Powder..
1/8 Cup Paprika.
1 Tbs Coarse Ground Pepper
1 Tbs Kosher Salt.
Rub Your Chops At Least 4 To 6 Hours Prior To Grilling..or Smoking..
A Clone Recipe..
Better Watch Out..may Never Make Pork Chops Any Other Way .. Ps Ya Like A Hot Spice ..just Add The Heat To Taste..

I typically use a simple brine of kosher salt and brown sugar with apple juice added sometimes.

Ill Stay In The Barn..smoke My Tasty Treats For Ya ..just Give Me Some Of Them Hogs..lol Ill Show Ya Lol..better Yet Give Me Them Chickens And Beef Critters Also .stop By And Visit Now And Agian..the Best Food Is Made By Someone Else Who Takes The Pride We Have... Mike

Yea! I raise black angus...it's pretty tasty. My friends raise longhorn, it's good but I like the angus. One of my favorite beefs is piedmontese. http://www.piedmontese-napa.com/Beef Attributes.html
I could raise some for myself, but there is no market for them in this area.

Along with the chickens, ducks, geese, guineas, pigs and shrimp....my freezer stays full.

I hate those flimsy suckers they have in the package![/quote]

You can't cook/smoke/or grill them without a paperweight, and then there isn't enough meat to fill a cavity.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky