Help boston butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brandonlee23

Original poster
May 29, 2021
I smoked 2 Boston butts to BBQ well pulled out to check it temp was 165 put back in because internet said 190 went back out 10 mins later electric smoker caught fire I opened door sprayed with hose pulled meat out smelled little electric fire smell did I ruine meat help!!!!

If you sprayed the meat down you likely did not ruin it.. you can finish it in your household oven if the smoker is no longer working .

And despite the "internet saying 190" you really should take it to 203-206 if you plan on making pulled pork.

You do not cook BBQ by time or temp. You cook it until done to your satisfaction. Time and temp are guideline indicators.

How did it turn out? The smell of burnt wiring and insulation is nasty...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky