Help.... Beef Liver in a sausage.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I been reading all this Boudin, etc...

Bride says she grew up on liverwurst and loves it.... She says it ain't good after it is frozen...

Soooooo, my freezer if full of fresh beef liver.... Neighbor butchered 2 cows and hates liver..... I love liver and bacon and onions for supper.... Now I want to make some sort of liver sausage....

Anyone done that with beef liver..... do you add beef or pork or chicken...... what veggies to add.... I know I'll add garlic and onion.... what else

About the rice.... sticky rice, washed rice....

Now I need a ball park amounts of each.... 50% rice ??? 20% beef ??? 10% chicken ??? 20% liver ??? 10% pork ??? 10% bacon ends and pieces ??? green onions ???

And the biggee question.... Will it freeze well.......

If it's an "old family recipe", it will be safe on this forum...:biggrin:...

Thanks, Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky