Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seanyluz

Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Arizona
I am new to the forum from Arizona. Just bought my first smoker a Bradley Digital. Wasn't sure what to get but the Bradley seemed to be easy to use so I am going to give it a shot. Only used it once so far for baby back ribs. I was happy with the smoke flavor I got using apple wood, but the store bought rub was terrible and I don't think the ribs were very good quality either. I am off work in a couple days and am thinking of tackling either a pork but y or a couple cowboy ribeyes. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Welcome to the board!

You could zizz some split chicken breasts while you get a feel for the smoke/heat you need.

BTW one pitmaster's trick for learning the heat distribution in a new rig is to bake some pop-open biscuits to see where your hot and cold spots are.

Thanks Blue! I was thinking some chicken too. I am afraid to do a whole chicken was thinking of starting with some leg quarters.

Splits are nice because you can cook them bone-side-down and get the hang of it.

Just beware of dripping fat.

Heh. One thing about a new rig, IT WILL NEVER BE THAT CLEAN AGAIN.

Welcome. I'm a Bradley user as well. As BlueWhisper said, Chx breasts are great starters, as are chx leg quarters. I have never had a bad experience with chx parts. Although I've been accused of trying to ruin them, they always seem to turn out wonderful. Happy smoking.

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Good morning, glad you joined the forum, Chicken is cheep, and forgiving good to start with. Pork shoulder is also forgiving but takes a long time.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky