Hello!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooker

Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Hello, I just joined the site a couple days ago, but have been lurking for over two years.  In those two years I found a lot of good info on here, and tried many different things. All of it turned out great, so I just figured I would join the site.

I am semi retired, so plenty of free time. I am from East Texas and live out in the country, so ugly BBQ pits are OK!  I am married to the greatest woman alive,( She is a tool nut "Buy the best one they have dear it will work better/last longer"
biggrin.gif
, and she makes all of our bread from scratch! God I love that woman) and have three wonderful kids. My oldest is getting married in October, the two youngest(twins) are turning two in October. Yeah we spread them out a bit....

My wife and I throw a massive Christmas party every year. Which means I spend all day tending 1 turkey fryer, 2 BBQ pits, and 1 smoker. Thank goodness my daughters soon to be husband likes to help out! 

I have a Brinkman electric smoke and grill,  1 Webber Kettle that I have had for going on two decades, 1 pit that I don't know who made it. My neighbor was going to toss it out, I grabbed it and with a little elbow grease turned it into a fine pit. Charcoal not gas. The aforementioned Turkey fryer, and a fish fryer. I also have one of those uniflame pits with the upper leveal and the side tables, got it as a gift used it awhile then parked it in the shed.

I can weld, and work metal. I do remodeling projects all the time, everything from whole house (x2) to single rooms. So I am a pretty handy guy with tools.

BBQ wise I have done, Butts, roasts, Turkeys, Tons of Hams, sausage, brisket, ribs, chicken, shoot if you can eat it I have probably grilled or Smoked it at one time or the other.

I am about to turn an old electric oven into a smoker, set and forget. Right now I am thinking the Amazing looks like a good bet for smoke generation.  I have a propane tank I always toss around making a smoker out of, but honestly cutting into it makes me nervous.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Most likely it will just keep sitting there. 

Well that's all I can think of, besides this smoked sausage is calling my name. See ya on the boards!

Welcome Cooker

You got two year old twins I don't think you have the time you say you have!

Glad you posted up

Al

welcome.......I would recommend Todd's AMNS if you go electric for sure......lots of really smart guys always willing to answer a question....
welcome1.gif

Welcome aboard!

You already know you will fit right in here.

As to the AMNS and AMNPS,  you have to get with that.  You will never find a better guy to deal with than Todd!

Good luck and good smoking.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. 
icon14.gif

Thanks all trying out three Fatties on the smoker right now. Love the site, should have joined sooner!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky