Hello Hello!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beef eater

Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Alpharetta, GA
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello.

I found this forum a while back while searching around about smoking briskets and finally took the plunge to join.

I started smoking last summer when I picked up a Charbroil H20 and had many sucessful briskets. I gave that to my dad and have just picked up a MES and look forward to firing it up this week.

I picked up a Brisket Flat - couldn't find a full brisket :/ and currently have it marinating in Dr Pepper. This was recommended by my uncle who has been smoking them for years so I thought I would give it a try. Tomorrow I plan on drying it off and slather it up with mustard and dry rub and let it sit another 24.

I just hope that this new fangled thingamajig MES works as well as my old bullet smoker. What I really want is a full size barrel smoker but can't use or keep those at my apartments.

I won't have any Qview yet. I need to pick up a camera. Maybe I can get one quick like, just have to check the funds.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new smoker.

Glad ya joined SMF, and definitely looking forward to seeing some qvue when you get the camera. I've heard of others soaking the brisket in a Dr. Pepper based marinade and am anxious to hear your opinion on how it turns out.

You'll be impressed w/ the mes once ya learn to use it . perfect for the apt. ( no open flame).
welcome to the site and show us your q.

I will be happy to keep yall posted on how it turns out using Dr Pepper.

Will try to get the camera before I start as well. Just hope I don't embarrass myself lol

I had great luck with the bullet smoker and this Thurs will be my first smoke on the MES.

Hello and glad you're part of the SMF. Plenty of MES owners here, so you'll be in great company real soon.

welcome to the site. Lots of MES owners here to help out

Welcome to the forum Beef Eater! Glad to have you here and looking forward to your input. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky