Hello! Glad I found this site.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

amh045

Original poster
May 31, 2008
Rockford
Hi everybody. This site looks great.

Been trying to smoke with consistency for a few years but without success. Started with a NBBD offset smoker but couldn't keep the temp steady for the life of me. Last year I started smoking on my old Weber kettle with 3 firebricks to keep the temps steady ( 2 on edge across the coal grate and 1 over the coals). This has been working great and I have no problems hitting 225-250 for 7+ hours. Not sure I want to go back to the NBBD.

Anyway, this forum seems very friendly and I look forward to learning from you all.

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome aboard.This is the best place to learn how to get good results every time, well, maybe everytime.

Hey Mike. Welcome to smf. After doing some reading asking questions you should be able to get your success rate up. I know I did.

Sorry, don't have one available. I'll take a pic before I start my cook tomorrow and post it.

Welcome to the SMF. Friendly folks here to help as well as tons of great into already posted.

Glad you found us at SMF, Mike! Friendly bunch of folks here ready to help if you need.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum! The mod masters will be around shortly to help with your smoker.

wecome to forum, this is a great site u will find very helpful. share ur smokes and show some qview.

Glad your part of the SMF. The Weber can do wonders under the right conditions. Looking forward to hearing about your next smoke, and try to post some Q View too!

Welcome to SMF! As far as the offset... consider a charcoal basket. And I dunno what an "NBBD" is..but where's it exhausted at? Send in a pict of it. And there's tuning plates to consider as well.... Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky