Hello From Wisconsin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingwaterboy

Original poster
Mar 13, 2015
Warrens, WI
Hello all,

I am a big fan of this site and have been lurking in the shadows for awhile now. Right now I own a MES30 and of course I have a gas grill, a charcoal Weber, a portable gas grill for camping. I try to smoke on the MES every weekend. Have done ribs(a lot) also a brisket. Going to try a pork butt soon.

Right now I am throwing around the idea of buying a Traeger Texas Elite. The price is right for me to get it. I am thinking of using it until I out grow it and then selling and going bigger. 

Good day, smokingwaterboy

welcome1.gif
 From another Wisconsin cooker!  Lots of good info here, a good place to learn and get your questions answered.  Where at in Wisconsin if you don't mind my asking?  I'm in Kiel.

I am over on the other side of the state in Warrens. Ever heard of the Warrens Cranfest?
Yes we have but have never been, always wanted to get over to that part of the state.  I'm a transplant from Ohio 9 years ago, been in every state except Hawaii but am enjoying exploring Wisconsin now. 

The wife and I were over on your side this last weekend. We went and checked out the Masters in May in Appleton. It made me start looking for a bigger grill/smoker :)

My interest in smoking meat began a year ago after a friend brought some ribs he had smoked. Started building a smoker a
few weeks ago. I'll be a very green, have little knowledge of smoking but look forward to getting started.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky