Hello from West Virginia!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by wvsmokeman, Sep 17, 2006.

1. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hello all,
    Just wanted to give a shout out. I have been a subscriber to Jeff's Smoking Basics eCourse for a short while and have used that and the info from these forums in my efforts to learn how to smoke the right way! Thought it was time I joined up and said Thanks! to you guys for all the past and future help [​IMG] I have only been smoking for about a year now, with a cheap Masterbuilt 7 in 1 smoker using propane with good results. So far I have smoked pork roasts, ribs and beef (chuck roasts) and want to try a brisket soon. Again, Thanks! and I look forward to talking with everyone.

2. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome aboard, JP!

Happy to know that we have been able to help you out already! We love it when a "lurker" comes into the light.

So take some time to continue reading through the topics which interest you and post any and all questions!

Cheers!

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome!

It's good to have you here. After you have looked around, the friendly folks here will be glad to answer any questions that you may have. If brisket is on your agenda, there is a sticky on basic brisket smoke in the beef forum.

Have fun and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

4. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome WVSmokeMan,

glad to have you aboard. Let us know how we can help on the brisket smoke. Low and slow, that's what cooks a brisket :D

5. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard...jump on in..the resources are great

6. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF WVSmokeMan!!! Glad you decided to join us.

7. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome WVSmokeMan! My Dad lived many years in WV, working for Union Carbide. I spent many a summer at Summersville Lake camping and smoking meat with him. You have found a great knowledge base here. Enjoy!!

8. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, WVSM. Glad to have you on board. Looking forward to your posts.

Enjoy!

9. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! SmokeMack, it's a small world. I used to live in Nicholas County in a little community called Mount Lookout, just a few miles south of Summersville Lake. It's a busy place in the summer.