Hello from West Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rawk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
West Michigan
Hi, my name is Rock.  I've been lurking for a couple of months and have gotten tons of great information from this site.  Thanks to everyone!

I've grilled steak for years and got interested in smoking this summer watching Steven Raichlen's BBQ University and Primal Grill.  I tried smoking on a gas grill and the meat never really got a good smokey flavor.  I started searching on the Internet for smoking information and found this forum, and the UDS.  

Inspired to save some money, and have fun with a do it yourself project, I bought a drum and made my smoker.  I have to say I love it.  It seems to smoke pretty easy (not that I would know any different this being my first smoker) and it produces a great product.

I look forward to learning more about BBQ.

f7ade89f_DSC04377.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky