Hello from the rainy city, Seattle.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seattlebbq

Original poster
May 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
Thanks, Tulsa Jeff, for the welcome email.  I'm happy to see that I'm not the only Northwesterner on the forum, and even have some Washington State company.

I'm an avid charcoal griller, but only recently have explored the world of smoking meats.  I've smoked brisket, pork shoulder, leg of lamb, and salmon.  My current and first smoker is a Big Chief electric smoker by Luhr Jensen.  While it does a relatively decent job of initially smoking meats, it's been difficult to control the temperature and other factors.  So, I'm interested in looking at what others use and why, as I may want change up my smoker at some point.

Anyone have experience with the Luhr Jensen models and/or have recommendations for other types of smokers?  Thanks, all!

Whaddaya mean rainy??????  Today is beautiful.  The weekend promises to be even better.  Course, I'm up the road 89 miles or so, so if you want, you keep the rain, I'll stay in the sunshine. 

Yes, there are lots of members that call the Pacific Northwest home.  My smoker of preference is a Weber (WSM), a charcoal smoker, which I pair up with my Weber Kettle Grill to make the most of the lump we can get at Cash 'n Carry (a little name drop just in case you didn't know about them). 

Welcome to the site, sit down, buckle up and hang on, you'll love the ride.

~Dave

welcome1.gif

SeattleBBQ, I also had a little chief smoker. I upgraded to the Masterbuilt MES30. The insulated\electric smoker maintains temp very easy. There's lots of forums to read depending on what you're looking for. The Weber WSM is the choice for most who prefer charcoal. The MES is great for long smokes.

btw..I'm in Port Orchard, WA

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky