• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello From the Gulf of Mexico & Tennessee

scpatterson`

Joined May 27, 2007
My name is Chris, I have just joined SMF and am new to smoking. I am looking at buying my first smoker soon and was thinking about the Chargriller Smokinpro which seems to have its fans. I have notes of the mods yall have made and plan on making them before I use it first. I have been using a gas grill for a long time (convenience) but have used charcoal alot as well. My family and I are into camping a lot and have always wanted a smoker to take with us on our trips. I work on an offshore drilling rig (the largest one in the world). I live in southwest tennessee and have a small hobby farm where we raise miniature Hereford cattle. And have never heard of a fatty but it will be 1 of my first projects and I have done some Atomic Buffalo Turds but had just called them stuffed Jalopeno's (how boring is that-My boys will love the calling them the ABT).

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Welcome to the forum chris check out Jeffs 5 day e-course its free and full of great info.

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Welcome to SMF. Glad you found us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
hi sc, a good friend of mine is a mud man for Chevron and works on rigs in Nigeria. Loves the money, hates the food. Welcome to SMF!

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Welcome to SMF scpatterson'!!! I just gotta know, how big is a miniature Hereford?

scpatterson`

Joined May 27, 2007
My bull is 40 inches tall and weighs in at 1250 pounds. Cows are about 37 inches and weight about 750. Not so miniature but compared to a 2000 pound bull........

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Welcome to the SMF Chris.

Glad you found us!!

Cute little buggers.

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Welcome Chris. I hope you continue to visit with us on the forum. Feel free to share your smoking adventures, ask questions, draw from the knowledge here, or just visit with us.

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Thanks, kinda interesting I guess. Not near as miniature or funny as what first popped into mind.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.