Hello from sunny Arizona!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by smokindave, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Hello all!
    I've been a lurker on these forums for a while, but I finally took the plunge and signed up. I appreciate the help you all have unknowingly given me already!

My love of BBQ began in the early 90's when I lived in the KC area for a few years. I enjoyed all of the legendary offerings to be had there. After moving back to AZ I discovered I lived in a BBQ wasteland. I got an ECB and tried to do it myself off and on for a while, usually with little success. A couple months ago I decided to give it another try and bought a Brinkmann vertical propane smoker. I've been bitten by the BBQ bug again since then.

Anyway, like I said at the start, I've been lurking here for a while and have already put some of the great ideas I've read to use. I'm sure I still have a lot to learn, and hopefully a few things to share as well. I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

[​IMG] Dave

2. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Dave. Glad you decided to join us.

3. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Dave, glad you didn't give up on the smoking and kept at it. It can only get better from here.
    I lived in AZ for a little while, Sierra Vista. Great smoking weather out there for most of the year.

4. reekslikesmoke

reekslikesmoke Fire Starter

Welcome to the forum Dave. Glad to have you onboard.

Reek

5. cajunsmoke13

cajunsmoke13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Dave. Glad to have you and look forward to your q-view...

6. the iceman

the iceman Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Zonie. [​IMG]

7. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome Dave to SMF-grew up in sierra vista-outside north tucson now.I left AZ once-had to come back.

8. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum. You'll be smoking like a professional in no time. Just keep reading posts and asking questions.

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well Dave, thanks for joining us at the SMF. Looks like your reading will come in handy before you know it. It's all good my friend.

10. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us.

11. ncdodave

ncdodave Smoking Fanatic

welcome Dave,
    you will find many great folks here at smf all hours of the day and night like myself at 3 am! hehehe

12. hoser

hoser Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Nice to meet you Dave....maybe with your help AZ can be converted[​IMG]

13. Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

14. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Dave!