Hello from South Mississippi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scoclay

Original poster
Mar 30, 2015
Hey there thanks for adding me to your forum. I'm Scott and i'm from South Mississippi. I have been a 911 dispatcher for 20 years. I have three kids and new to smoking meats (although I'm a veteran barbecue eater as can be told by my waistline).  At this time i don't have a very nice smoker all I have is a hand me down Brinkman smoke 'n grill that the charcoal pan has a rusted hole in the bottom but I plan on lining with foil to keep the coals in LOL.  After some practice i hope to upgrade to a nicer model one day.  Tuesday plan on pulling the two pork butts i have in the deep freeze and letting them thaw so I can smoke them Saturday. Hope to gain alot of info from your forum and I may have a question or two for the pros here. Thanks everyone and can't wait until Saturday. Until then I will be reading here.

Welcome to the site!  Plenty of info and friendly, knowledgeable folks to help you out in any way you need.

I lived in in Gulfport for about 10 years a few years back and kind of miss the place, except during the summer.  The number one reason we moved up to CO, other than being born and raised here.

Welcome to the site Scott.  You've found a great place for smoking inspiration and help.  The search bar at the top of the page works quite well or just ask specific questions.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy and warm day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome Scott! :welcome:
Can't wait to see those butts on your Brinkmann this weekend. Be sure to posts pics and recipies.
:popcorn
- Ryan

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky