Hello from SC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdsacr

Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Rock Hill SC
I have been lurking around for a few months and finally got around to registering. First I must say that the advice on here has really taken my smoking to the next level. I have been smoking on and off for about 4 years. I started with a hand me down Brinkmann electric. I think the electric element had seen better days as it did not hold temp very well, and nevermind the fact I had not heard of using a probe thermometer. Anyway, my meat never came out the way I wanted. So this past May I bought a 30" MES and with what I have read on this sight, the meat has improved immensely.
I did two 7.5# pork butts last Saturday. I followed the "basic pulled pork" sticky along with SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and everything came out great. I foiled at 165, and kept cooking to 195, and then rested in a cooler for an hour. The pork just about fell apart when I started pulling. Also, the plateau is no joke, as my butts stayed around 170 for about 90 minutes before they started climbing again.
Thanks for everything so far, and I look forward to more great meat!

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are doing a great job with your new smoker.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome aboard the SMF. We will be looking forward to your experience and advise you may have. Just post a question and there are lots of good people to answer your questions. Good luck and happy smoking.

Welcome to the SMF!! Rock Hill is my old stomping grounds....graduated from RHHS in 1972.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky