• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from Saskatchewan, Canada!

Joined Oct 8, 2021
Hi all, I'm one of the latest new guys. Can't believe I didn't find this forum in the last 5 years since I started smoking!

I have a MES & the controller started losing its mind a couple of weeks ago, JUST as I was about to slip a $100 brisket into it. I managed to limp through the process (thanks to my friend who was nice enough to loan me a smoker in the middle of the night as a backup, gotta love the smoking community!). I started looking for parts and realised there was a better way, thanks to the this forum and the mad scientists/technical wizards on here. By some minor miracle, I found a used Auber PID listed locally for $30, just needed to order the probe for it (its on the way). Found the instructions on this forum on how to rewire (simple enough for a technical guy like myself) and now am getting set to do just that. Didn't want to throw out a perfectly good smoker because of a faulty, cheap controller!

Of course one thing leads to another (doesn't it always?) and in reading about fixing my smoker I noticed on one of the local smoking FB groups that I'm on, that there were Camp Chef Pursuit 20 on end of season sale for $399.99 down the street from me. Went for a drive this morning and somehow one jumped into the back of my truck before I was able to make it back home! Haha!

Never had a pellet grill before, looking forward to giving this one a try (for now it's safely in its box, too many other tings to do today). Fortunately, my wife is VERY understanding & has agreed not to kill me! 😎

Have really enjoyed smoking and have learned a TON in the past 5 years with my MES. Time to try something new, and hey, nothing wrong with having two different types of smokers, right!? I thought you'd say that! 🙂

Did my very first whole brisket a couple of weeks ago and it turned out fantastic! Can't wait to do more! Ribs have been a favorite in the past, and smoking hams as well.

Well, that's it for now, will keep reading up on MES on here, as well as learning this new-to-me technology that is pellet smoking!

Take care,
Luc
AKA : TFC (TheFrenchCanadian)

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard.............. :emoji_thumbsup:

Boykjo

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Welcome from Indiana!
There are quite a few of you from "up north" here.
Good luck with the new cooker!

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Welcome from Mississippi! Look forward to your post and pics.
Jim

checkdude

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
Welcome from Winnipeg. We are practically next door!

2Mac

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2020
Welcome from Ontario.
You won’t be disappointed you found this place.

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Ola amego, glad you joined us.
Sorry, Luc, I don't know any French.
But a huge welcome to the forum anyway.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Welcome from Virginia! Lots to learn here and a lot of fun!

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ, you landed in a great spot! RAY

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Welcome Luc, From Nova Scotia

Your in the right place , especially for show and tell

David

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Welcome Luc !!
Glad to have you join us!!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.