Hello from Raleigh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rpeters48

Original poster
Jan 5, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Hello Everyone,

My name is Rick and new to smoking. I have always been interested in trying but never did until a few days before T-day. Thanks to Amazon prime and next day shipping I received my Bradley digital 4 rack the day before so I seasoned it and got a turkey in the Brine. Turned out great and moist. I have since done a few batches of quail,some meat sticks and turkey breast for lunch meat (Lot of questions on the last but will save for another post).

After a lot more viewing of this site I'm sure I could have taken a different approach such as PID (I think) and manual Bradley but will get there with time.  

Thanks to Pork being on sale for $.99 lb and lots of posts on here I just finished 20lb of breakfast sausage (5lb of 4 recipes)

Initial test sampling was all seem way to salty, will live a few days and try again.

Also thanks to the sale on A-Maze-N products on new years and all the reviews on here I just received an AMNPS and 40 lb of various pellets.

I hope to do some cold smoked cheese, lunch meats and pretty much anything else that sounds good to eat.

Attaching pictures but from what I read they have to be approved first. Had to cut Turkey in half due to its size and ate most the quail before the picture
drool.gif

Thanks,

Rick

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.  Good looking Turkey Bird !!! 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to SMF  Rick and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

Happy smoking

Joe

Welcome to the forum Rick

You ve come to the best place for great information on smoking and many other types of cooking! Many friendly people here that love to help. Also make the search button your best friend. There are over a million post in this forum. That powerful information on a vast array of subjects right at your fingertips.
Brian

Thanks everyone, I have been wearing out the search button :) Just picked up 4more Boston butts while they were on sale and trying to figure out what options I have and what to make. Millions is right, I could be here for years trying to read through these.

It wont... Add some more ground pork should help

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky