Hello from PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

therev46

Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Northwest PA
     Hello all. I've been a long time follower of this site and have used it for many recipes and ideas. I finally figured it was high time I post here in roll call. I live in beautiful Northwest PA. I served 12 years in the military and while I was in, I was introduced to smoking although in hindsight, I had no idea what I was doing then and the guys that introduced me to it really didn't either. Over the years though I have figured out how to actually low and slow smoke. I am still learning but I am able to produce some really good food finally which is all my family and friends seem to care about.

I started with a propane Masterbuilt smokehouse smoker. I struggled with keeping the heat low and producing good food with this but after a while of tinkering and reading thread after thread on here, I finally got it figured out. That smoker is still used quite a bit as my portable camp smoker but I have finally finished my fridge conversion though so the Masterbuilt isn't used much at home anymore. I'll post pics of my fridge smoker soon.

Welcome Rev!  
welcome1.gif

Nice Avatar, but none of My Bears have Wings!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bear---From the other corner of PA.

Welcome from scenic Emporium in Cameron County. Lots of PA guy's and more and more on the West side...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky