Hello from Oregon

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by pitrow, Dec 13, 2007.

1. pitrow

pitrow Smoking Fanatic

Hi All, another newbie here.

I just found your forum the other day an I'm glad to have found it. Lots of great information here.

I've been smoking off and on for about 10 years. Mostly salmon, turkey, duck and some jerky.

Started off with the Luhr Jensen little/big chiefs for many years. My brother recently got a smokevault propane smoker and I really liked it, other than it seems to get too hot easily. But I decided it might be time to upgrade. So I just purchased one of the masterbuilt electric smokers. Going to give it a run this weekend with some salmon.

I'm looking forward to branching out into other things to smoke too. Maybe some sausage, cheese, and whatever else sounds good. [​IMG]

2. homebrew & bbq

homebrew & bbq Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF! It sounds like you're already pretty familiar with what's here. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your smoking experiences.

3. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to "Pit Central" PitRow, this place rocks! [​IMG]

4. rip

rip Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to the site, there are a few people here with that smoker. Just ask and you will recieve.

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well thank you for joining us at the SMF. Lots of friendly folks here that are more than willing to help you out. Have a great weekend my new friend!

6. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Pitrow nad keep comin back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. Nice that you could join us.

8. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF.

9. pescadero

pescadero Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

PitRow:

Nice to have you aw a new member. I was a Portland boy, until moving to the coast in 1999. I am now down in the Newport area.

Still get to Corn town and McMinn and thereabouts quite often.

Welcome aboard.

Skip

10. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF Pitrow! Looking forward to your Qviews and input.[​IMG]

11. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome...this is THE place!

12. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG] Welcome to the SMF [​IMG]

13. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, PitRow. You'll find yourself in some mighty fine company amongts the other MES users here. They'll gladly answer your questions about using the MES, you can find some great info in our electric smoker forum.

Enjoy!