Hello from Oregon!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pperkins

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Oregon
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Perry P. Perkins, a freelance writer, work-from-home dad, and bbq fan. I'm a Georgia-boy transplanted to the Pacific Northwest, and I do most of my bbq on my offset smoker, whole pigs (and big meals) in my La Caja China Semi Pro, and grilling on my La Cajita China.

Favorite Q: Chopped pork from a whole roast pig.

My (now) 3y/o daughter's first sentence was, "More pork shoulder, please?" LOL

I write novels, articles for hunting & fishing magazines (If you get American Hunter, that was my article on Blacktail Deer in the last issue), and recently, a couple of bbq cookbooks. I also do book coaching and self-publishing assistance for other writers. I also maintain several blogs, and my BBQ blog has been up for about 3 years now.

Two of my friends and I do a lot of cooking for our church, friend and family parties, and local charities. We're in the process of forming our own catering biz, "Burnin' Love BBQ."

No sure what else to say, looking forward to trying some of the great recipes ya'all are posting, sharing a few of my own, and getting to know everyone!

Thanks,

-Perry

BurninLoveBlog

Last edited:
Hi Perry - You will love it here!  I find those La Caja cookers very intriguing!!  Sounds like you'll have a lot to teach and show us -

Welcome, and Cheers!

Hey Perry,

welcome to SMF!! and our addiction. I'll have to check out your blog.

Hello Perry and welcome to SMF. I for one am really looking forward to seeing you post up some qview and instructions on that neat smoker you use.  Really glad to have you here with us

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you aboard.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Perry to SMF. More Q-view please. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Last edited:
Always nice to see another moss grower on the forum
biggrin.gif
 I'm in Portland myself, and there are many other fine Pac. NW folks here as well. Look forward to seeing you Que, and give us a shout when your get the BBQ joint going..... maybe with a SMF member discount?!
icon_razz.gif

Sounds like you will fit right in here.Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome. It looks like you have plenty of experience and knowledge to offer. This site has been great at answering all of my questions so far. Look forward to seeing your posts.

Hello Perry, welcome.  I am new to this forum as well.  I am also new to smoking.  You will need to keep us updated as to how your new business venture goes. 

Dennis

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky