Hello From Oklahoma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

navyfe

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Norman, OK
Hey all. Just got my smoker for Fathers Day and have been experimenting. Some good and some not so hot....well sometimes it is all about trail and error. Saw a post last night for the wireless thermometer from Loweâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s and figured I would get it and give a Tri Tip a try. So I am about 2 + 15 in right now and so far so good. I verified the box temp with the new wireless one and it was with 5 degrees so I pretty happy with that - although I will probably modify it a little later with a digital one. Glad to have found this site.

Steve

Welcome to the board Navy,
If that was a recent post about the thermo, it was probably mine. Are you talking about the Oregon Scientific aw-131? If so, what do you think of it?

I have yet to come up with any use for the talking feature, but I've used it 3 times now, and I like it better than any other that I own.

What part of the Great State of Oklahoma are you from? We're in the Tulsa area.

Tim

Welcome to SMF steve... You have a great amount of knowledge and friendship at your fingertips...If you have any questions feel free to ask...And always remember we love pics
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard. Look forward to hearing about your progress and seeing lots of Q-view. I have a GOSM and it treats me well.

Hey again from Oklahoma (Norman)

Well the Tri Tip turned out pretty good. And the thermometer Oregon Scientific aw-131...is awsome. Had to use the trick of turning the gas knob the other way (towards off) to keep the heat at about 220. If I just use low I get about 250 - 270. Can't wait to try the meatloaf!!

Steve

Welcome to SMF. Looks like someone is having some good food for supper. Any questions, just ask,the friendly folks here will be glad to help.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Any questions you have....ask. Lots of good people here with loads of recipes and answers. Any idea's you have......share. But by all means....show pics of the smokes! Enjoy the site like I do, again, a BIG WELCOME!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky