Hello from NW Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mchlfore

Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I am a novice smoker.  I have a Smoky Mountain Series Great Outdoors propane smoker that I bought used and have really enjoyed. Still trying to get the hang of timing on keeping the smoke going constant. And wet or dry chunks of wood. Also asked about stacking different meats in my vertical smoker, whether one would contaminate the other. Also, what is UDS?

Last edited:
welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! I for one don't soak my wood chunks.  They work better dry for my smoker.  The UDS...is an "ugly drum smoker".  There is a list of acronyms in the New Member area.  Some of the wording here are a bit strange until you get used to them.

We love to see pictures of what you are cooking (or what we call q-views here at SMF).  To "upload the q-views" just follow the directions here and it will be easier. If you are using a cell phone, an IPad or a kindle, go to the main SMF page and click the Mobile button. Will make the uploads a bit faster too.

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per TulsaJeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

One thing you have to be concerned with as far as stacking different meats and contamination:  You don't want to put poultry above other foods...don't want raw poultry dripping on anything else, so always put it on the bottom rack when cooking multiple foods in that GOSM.  Other than that your good to go!

Red

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! We have over 50,000 members now who just love to share what they know. You've come to the best place on the net to learn and share everything Q!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky