Hello from New Hampshire!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrscruffles

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Amherst NH
Whats up guys? Ive been lurking for a little bit, and finally decided to say HI!!

I've always loved smoked foods, and just got a char broil CB-450a

Ill post a pic of it in a little bit, I gotta run and check on my fire.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1410939103

I would have uploaded it to a real image site, but right now Im kinda lazy...

I did some bacon wrapped cheeseburger balls the other day and they came out decent. for a first try I was happy. Im wicked stoked that I found this place, you guys are awesome, and give me way to many ideas on what I want to do to that char broil....

Welcome to SMF glad you decided to join in

Welcome to SMF, glad that you are here! Those hambergers sure did make my mouth water!
Thomas
biggrin.gif

There we go, took some pics. Im not sure what I want to do with it. I Know it needs a new temp gauge, I kinda wanna turn it into a sidebox, so I can have more space to cook on. the way it is now cuts down on a good amount of space.

1004347s.jpg

1004349.jpg
1004350r.jpg
1004351l.jpg

Glad to have you with us.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here 5 Day eCourse

Welcome to the addiction!

You will know you are hoplessly hooked when you come to the conclusion that since you are going to do a cold smoke on some fish (doing some more canning) on top of your smoker, that you should not waste the heat inside the main chamber so you throw in a fatty for good measure....

Yep..that's addicted.... but hey... at least the wife says it's a legal addiction....
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thats gnarly Dave, Im over in Amherst. I originally wanted a sidebox smoker, but this one was free, cant turn something like that down... Ive checked out the 5 day E-course. This site is addicting.

Oh, Dave do you buy wood in stores, or do you have a good place to go thats a little cheaper?

Your not too far away. I've been collecting my own wood piles. Got some decent piles of split cherry, hickory and apple. The apple and hickory need a little more seasoning time. Before that I was buying large bags of hickory from home depot. Got most of the wood free from watching ads on craigslist. There was a lot of downed trees after the ice storm we had in December.

thats what Ive been tryin to do...but with no chainsaw most of it is stuff I cant grab... looks like for now Ill be buyin bags O wood over at Lowes

Good to have another NH person here. I am up in Manchester. Haven't been on much due to work travel, but you can occasionally catch me.

Good smoking to ya.

Welcome to SMF and very happy to meet you. You'll like it here as you already know so go smoke something and post us some pictures. We're weird that way

Oh, I will! I just bought a big bag O wood. and since right now Im jobless it looks like I will be smoking all day tomorrow... time to go see whats in the freezer. I know Ill be doing a fatty of some sort tomorrow. Ill make sure to post a Qview for ya'll

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky