Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by slowjoe, May 16, 2007.

1. Hey everyone,

Joe here from Minneapolis, MN. I've always had a love for real barbeque and decided to take up the art this past February. I own a ECB Gourmet with mods (lump coal) and I love it! I've had a couple smoke sessions with whole cut up chickens a few whole chickens (beer can and spatchcocked) and some spare ribs (no beef yet). I would have done a lot more by now but the wife will only allow so many days where I'm in and out of the house checking the temp. BUT, I now own a remote digital therm and me and my ECB are starting to understand each other better, so "she" requires less attention (I suppose the wife was getting jealous too)

I just purchased a Char-broil electric smoker to get more of a "set it and forget it" thing going on since I have a 10 month old daughter to chase around the yard...my hope is that I'll need to tend the smoker even less since no charcoal is involved. I've done a couple mods to the electric as well. I'll be smoking some tandori chicken this friday, prbly a whole cut up chicken (paul kirk's recipe).

I've resarched smoking quite a bit leading up to today and I must say this forum is my favorite. I also own Paul Kirk's championship bbq and Peace, Love, & BBQ--all these resources have helped me very much.

Whew, hope I didn't ramble too much...looking forward to shooting the shtuff with you all.

-slowjoe

2. camocook

camocook Meat Mopper

Welcome slowjoe,your gonna like it here.The people here are so nice and helpful.I'm not quite used to it yet coming from a big city.

3. teacup13

teacup13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to SMF... glad you found us... all your could ever wonder about will be answered here...

4. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF! You'll like the char broil, less heat management, and the chicken sounds good, but next time u get a chance, grap a pork butt, then you'll really be hooked[​IMG]

5. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF. Nice of you to join us!

6. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Slowjoe ... Welcome to SMF ... sounds like you are off to a fine start!
    Like Bubba said ... try a butt, yoou won't be disappointed! [​IMG]

7. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard SMF Slojoe ,great place and peeps here ,glad to have ya ![​IMG]