Hello From Midlothian, TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3rd hand smoke

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Hello all smokers and smokettes! Adam here from Midlothian, TX. A small suburb South of Fort Worth and 20 miles away from Mr. Johnny Trigg's hometown. I am the furthest thing from a "competition cook", but I love me some BBQ and I figured this might be a place to meet some new friends and get an education.

My current pit is an Old Country Pecos smoker (upgrade from a combo gas/smoker grill). This smoker is a nice upgrade for a man on a budget. I have smoked briskets, ribs, chicken, ribeye steaks and even hamburgers. I want to expand my skills and perhaps learn some new techniques and such. I don't ever plan go on BBQ Pitmasters. I just want to share my ideas and have some fun learning new things. Look forward to sharing some "smoke talk" with you all!   

Hello Adam, a warm hello and welcome from East Texas

Gary S

Well Howdy Adam!  Welcome to SMF.  Nice smoker and great attitude.  Like you I have no interest in competing, just eating good Q.  I smoke at least once a week, often more, and am not locked into any particular style of Q.  I'm always looking for new ways to turn smoked meat into something delicious. My favorite thing to do is convert oven recipes into smoker recipes, considering my smoker just a smoky oven with the capability to cook slow, fast, or in between.  Lately I've been on a Latin kick.  I did a Cuban Ropa Vieja (shredded chuck roast) on Monday that didn't go exactly as planned but with a little extra work turned out phenomenal.  I'll post the recipe once I take some pics of the leftovers tonight.   

Sounds like you have some great ideas to share yourself.  This is the place to discuss what we love to do.  Looking forward to seeing you around the Forum.

Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky