Hello From Mid-Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spydermike72

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Flushing MI
Good Afternoon All,

Well I finally made it over here, on the recommendation of BBQ Bubba. Please do not hold that against me
icon_mrgreen.gif

A little about me, I compete on the KCBS circuit in and around Michigan and the Great Lakes area. I have been quing for about 5 or 6 years seriously and have always had a taste for the good stuff!! I started competeing with a friend that I met on a different forum and then started my own team.

My arsenal includes a Backwoods Party and a WSM. I have just recently decieded that I also want a Lang 60 Mobile. So I have started the savings account!!

My team consists of my wife,my soon to be 13 year old son and my nephew.

As a side note, I am also the President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association, so if you are in the Great Lakes Region and want to join a group of like minded individuals, please drop me a line. We have lots of exciting discounts for members.

I look forward to sharing and learning lots here!!

Thanks!!

Hey Mike, glad to see ya made it over.......don't know if i would admit to knowing me but...........
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Lotta Michigander's on here that we can get involved in th GLBBQA, give our membership a jumpstart, how's the website goin?
Maybe you can post the site also, hoping to make it this weekend, maybe see ya Saturday and welcome to the SMF!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hey Steve,

The Website is www.glbbqa.com the site should be up in the next day or two. Anyone in the Great Lakes Region (MI,OH,IN,IL,NY,PN and Canada) are welcome to join.

Thanks for pointing me this way!!

Welcome to the SMF Mike. Like cowgirl said , lotta great folks over hear. See ya Saturday!!!!!

Welcome Aboard Mike -

We're a friendly lot here we'll work with anyone! Heck we even adopted Bubba!
icon_mrgreen.gif

All kidding aside for won't find a more friendly group and we're looking forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to the SMF Family
icon_exclaim.gif

I think we met at the Silver Lake Comp. I was in the backyard comp on the Friday. Good to have you here. Hey I think I mentioned the SMF to you also
rolleyes.gif

Welcome aboard Mike, glad to have yoiu with us... even if you do know Bubba!
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky