Hello from Memphis, Tennessee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bignick

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Southaven, MS
Hello Folks!

I just recently inherited the Char-Broil H2O Smoker. In my opinion, probably the most mass produced (and cheapest) smoker on the market. It has a fire bowl, a water bowl, 2 grill racks, a swinging door, and the guage says warm, ideal, hot (which I think is very vague). I am definately a newbie, but I am a stickler for getting things right. I have mastered the art of direct heat grilling on my Weber, but now want to dabble into smoking.

I Googled 'smoking meat' and found Jeff's site and have read every page not to mention the 5 day course that he puts out. My quick intro questions:

Jeff talks about mods to the ECB (I am guessing this is what I have). What are the exacts to the hole patterns that he describes? (Or do you have any additional ideas?).

Next: How can I add a gauge to know exact temp inside smoker?

Thanks in advance, and i look forward to hearing back!

Nick from Memphis

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky