Hello from Kentucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jhouk

Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
Hello all. Like many on here today I received my first smoker for Christmas. It's a Masterbuilt 30in electric smokehouse. I'm very excited to start using it. Ironically it came with meat to smoke in it. Funny story (well I can laugh now), it was Christmas Eve and my kids and grandkids are about to arrive. I'm at the stove cooking and my son just got home,comes into the house and says he has ran over my turkey and he's dead. So to make an even longer story short since I didn't have time to pluck and prepare the whole bird I cut the breast out. Any advice on smoking it. It does not have skin on it. Well that's just how we roll on the farm.

Sorry i missed this yesterday.

Welcome to SMF!

If i had a skinless breast i would brine it and then lay some bacon slices over the breast to keep it from drying out while smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky