Hello from Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregandlaurie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
IOWA
We have been lurking and love this forum! Lots of great pictures and new things we can't wait to try. We use a Smoky Mountain vertical smoker. We've been smoking with it for about a year. Our ribs and pulled pork have turned out great and the hubby makes an awesome homemade sauce. I am going to try the fatties and abt's next. Any tips are appreciated. Is there an easy way to do the bacon weave? It looks so cool. Thanks!

Hi Greg And Laurie, glad you decided to come out from the shadows and join us.
icon_smile.gif
Welcome to the "Light Side". The bacon weave is not nearly as complicated as you would think. I find laying out a sheet of saran wrap help as I am able to move the whole weave around as I work and it also helps alot to hold all the bacon together when it comes time to actually wrap.....other than that, just lay out the bacon and alternate the strip one over and one under until you reach the end of the strip. It sounds complicated but once you get started, you will see that it really is not that difficult. Good luck...and enjoy.

Welcome to the Light!

If you go to the fatties forum, several of the threads there have qview tutorials on doing the bacon weave, and there are different methods. Check out my pizza fattie thread from this past June for one method.

Hello, and welcome to the best smoking site on the net, SMF that is. There may be a tutorial on the bacon weave, try the search functiion. It's all good my friends.

welcome to SMF u 2-glad u quit lurking and testing the water.

Welcome to the site, lots of smokers out there in Iowa it looks like.
Glad you guys are having success with ribs and pp, you're gonna love fatties and ABTs, they are delicious.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day e Course

Everyone here enjoys seeing the qview so be sure to post plenty of pics.

Welcomw i am also a pretty newbie from Iowa also i'm in Tama where abouts are you located? The fatties and abt's are awesome!! Great to have you here have fun!!

First off welcome to SMF. You already know how good the place is so I'm glad you came out of the darkness and saw the light. We are always glad to have new people here cause they might just look at things and little differant then we do and that always make for some really differant way to do things. I hope you have the how to's and what if's on the whole Qview thing and if not go here:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
and it will show you how to post pictires so we can see what your smoking on and with and what your smoking. So hurry and go get something to smoke.
Welcome To The Addiction

Welcome to SMF don't forget the Qview we like to drool
biggrin.gif
Only problem with fatties and abt's is once you make em you can never quit
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Greg and Laurie-Glad to have you both here at SMF. Word of caution-DO NOT FEED YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!! Once you do, you will find that they will be inviting themselves over for supper and will want their supper smoked. You will then have to get a bigger smoker, plan bigger menus and spend more time with the smoker . . . well in short, it turns in to a never ending cycle and you find that you can’t stop because you are hopelessly addicted to the thin blue smoke. That okay cuz it’s all good!

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky